Overall job functions:
To provide technical support in the planning and, implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities required for the HIV prevention, care and treatment services supported by CU in coordination with the Tanzanian Ministry of Health and ICAP staff in Tanzania and New York. The position reports to the Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation.
• In coordination with the Research, monitoring and Evaluation Director and with technical oversight from the SIR Unit in New York, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor is responsible for M&E activities in particular:
• To provide overall direction and technical support in the planning and implementation of M&E activities required for ICAP prevention, care and treatment programs in Tanzania, including training related to M&E.
• To develop, implement, and establish systematic monthly and quarterly reporting procedures for M&E for client and quality monitoring and to assess programmatic, progress. This will include: development and implementation of mechanisms to capture individual-level and aggregate data, supervision of data entry, data management, data quality assurance, data collection, data analysis, dissemination and reporting.
• To develop, implement and evaluate performance tracking systems
• To provide technical assistance to decentralized health entities (RHMT and CHMTs) including data collection and analysis, evaluation and use of data among health professionals.
• To develop, implement and analyze targeted evaluations in coordination with the Evaluation Field Officer
• Provide technical assistance to the NACP 6n M&E related matters including development or revision of M&E materials, materials and guidelines such as client cards and registers, national indicators and data management systems
• Deputize Research and M&E Director: Senior M&E Advisor will act as the head of Research, M&E department in the absence of Research and M&E Director. This will involve undertaking all responsibilities including supervision of departmental staff and other duties pertaining the position of RM&E director
• Candidates should hold a University Degree in Epidemiology, Bio statistics, Public health, International Health, or related health discipline
• Experience in the design, implementation and management of health M&E systems. HIV/AIDS M&E experience preferred.
• High-level computer skills, including ability to rapidly process and analyze data using the following: MS Excel, MS
• Access, SPSS and/or SAS, and Epi-Info Windows.
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, data quality assessments, data analysis and data presentation
• Strong data management and analysis skills
• Strong data review and quality assurance skills with an understanding of how to use data for decision making
• Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings
• Advanced knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for capturing individual level data
• Good written and verbal communications skills in English and Kiswahili
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking
Data Management Specialist
Overall Job functions:
To provide technical support in the planning and implementation of data management and utilization activities required for the HIV prevention, care and treatment services supported by CU in coordination with the Tanzanian Ministry of Health and ICAP staff in Tanzania and New York. The position reports to the Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Design, develop and manage new aggregate databases to ensure effective and efficient access to ICAP program strategic information,
• Establish and run monthly performance benchmarks and ensure compliance,
• Identify areas of current data collection that can be automated,
• Coordinate data update and cleaning’:
• Code, document, test programs and resolve related problems,
• Develop data migration/conversion techniques for system conversions or upgrades and implement them.
• This involves migrating from access to other database management systems (MS SQl, MS Access, MySQL etc.) and vice versa
• Work closely with system users/clients to ensure information system strategies are aligned with program needs,
• Develop database integration with other applications (SPSS, SAS, and Webpages).
• Evaluate and maintain optimum information systems security
• Train users and provide technical support to ICAP staff involved in data entry and utilization
• Generate routine reports for programmatic review and feedback,
• Collaborate with ICAP staff in preparation of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
• Supervision of M&E staff including data clerks, data managers or other staff such as interns and volunteers that may be determined by the Research and M&E Director.
• Master’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related discipline
• 3+ years’ experience in leadership positions in international organizations within database designs and longitudinal data management environment.
• Experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems in resource-limited settings.
• Ability to rapidly process and analyze data using the following: MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS
• Knowledge of hardware capabilities and features; system configuration; file and memory management; security; LANs and WANs; data structures; logic and algorithms; and compiler design
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their coyer letter and CV before 24/11/2017 via email, mentioning in the subject line Senior M&E Advisor to [email protected]. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.